A rule of thumb in bank fraud cases and any other type of white collar criminal case is that it is critically important to contact an attorney during the earliest stages. Selecting a knowledgeable, zealous white collar criminal defense lawyer may be the best investment you ever made for your career and your future in general.
A bank or mortgage lender may allege that you submitted false documentation in connection with a loan application. The Law Office of John R. Teakell is an ideal resource for individuals facing allegations of bank fraud as well as for companies dealing with millions of dollars that could be at risk if an allegation becomes a conviction.
Former Federal Prosecutor Represents the Accused in Bank Fraud Cases
People alleged to have committed wrongdoing in the area of bank fraud may include the following:
- Loan applicants
- Brokers and dealers
- If word has come to you that you are under investigation or are named in subpoenas related to bank fraud allegations, the time to hire an attorney to protect your rights is now. Call or e-mail the Law Office of John R. Teakell to schedule a consultation. We will discuss ways to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome:
- Resolving allegations through civil rather than criminal remedies
- Obtaining a dismissal of the charges
- Negotiating a reduction of charges
- Limiting damage to your life and career as a result of bank fraud allegations.
18 U.S.C. §1344 Bank Fraud: Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, a scheme or artifice— (1) to defraud a financial institution; or (2) to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises; shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.
See also Mr. Teakell’s other Web site to learn more about the firm’s full spectrum of criminal defense practice areas. Contact the law offices to schedule a consultation.